Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm Pottery.

Good evening.

I write to you from Washington Heights, not the Westin, where my parents are staying. It's just more fun to stay with my brother, because he's as nerdy as I am.

I am doing well. I got to see Kaegan last night, we went to a dive Irish bar called McGee's and I got some Magner's Cider, which was quite delicious. It's good to catch up with friends. I also got to see Matt and Pamela, which was good. My cousin came to NY today, because he is, according to Cosmopolitan, "The Most Eligible Bachelor in North Dakota". Good work Jesse.

I have been working for a professor since coming back to the States, doing database and catalog work for a huge dig in north Jordan. It's called the Dhiban project, and you better believe I'm going to get written up when the project comes out.

Life is really good. I'm friends with my ex-girlfriend again, which is pretty nice. I definitely feel so much better about myself when I have mostly good relationships with my locale. Loose ends where your relationship is left in disarray just bother me, and leave me restless.

I'm not quite sure where I'm going to be in 3 months, but once again that is the beauty of life, and I really shouldn't be fretting. Philadelphia is a great city, but I recently rediscovered New York when I hung out south of Houston a couple days ago. That was really neat, and I would definitely come to love NY if I moved here. San Francisco and other cities seem like options as well, so I'm not trying to move too quickly.

Josh is moving to London, which is a happy and sad thing as the same time for me. I'm very pumped that he is doing what he wants to deep down, which is to have a new experience and be outside of his comfort zone in a new place. However, of course I'm going to miss the heck out of him and really wish he was back here, grooving along with me.

This is a standard post, but I'm not really feeling any sort of revelation right now. That's okay. I don't always need to be discovering great secrets of the world, although its nice to have them pass through me every once in awhile.

I want to:

Read some books this summer
Buy a loop pedal and maybe some other gear
Perform a show with said loop pedal
Find a job
Get healthy and go running often

That's my short to-do-list. We will see what happens in the meantime...

No comments: